Monday, December 10, 2007

New ride. So cool I gotta wear shades...

Well, folks, a frequent subject here at the blog has gone onto its just reward, and new era has begun. I have traded in the Cougar on a new ride. And it's sweet.

I know it's hard to imagine the silver bullet gone - take a moment to mourn.

Are you okay?

Okay, then. Meet the new car:



This is not my actual car - I don't have a photo yet of mine. But this is what it looks like. It's a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited.

I bought it Friday, and I've already put 250 miles on it! But driving is what it's for, no? I need to spend some time with the owner's manual and see what tricks it's got up its sleeve, but I'm enjoying it immensely already.

Boyfriend educated me that "tiburon" means "shark" in Spanish, so the new car's nickname may be The Shark. We'll see if that sticks. Speaking of sticks, the new car is an automatic - first one I've owned in about 10 years. I'm adjusting nicely, though. We'll have to see if my left leg atrophies with no clutch to operate anymore.

Hopefully, I'll have no stories to tell for a long time about The Shark. That'll mean everything is going well. And if I'm going to have a car payment, I want everything to be going well.

So, congratulate me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I dig it! Congrats.

Unknown said...

Congradulations! You make that car look sexy! Drive fast and get lots of tickets!

Judy said...

OUTSTANDING! Is it that blue or a different color? Very hip new car, girl!