Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jingle bells and Batman don't smell

Finally did something last night that felt like Christmas. I haven't been into the season at all this year - I've only half-decorated; I've already blogged about the marginal satisfaction of shopping this year; I've done NO baking; I haven't seen any Christmas shows - it just feels like the whole season is slipping away.

But last night, after a fabulous dinner with My Girls at Fino, we went down to 37th Street and looked at the lights. We went to Starbucks, and I got a peppermint hot chocolate, and we walked the length of the street, oooing and ahhing and even singing some Christmas carols. It was really nice. :) First time all season that I've really felt like it was the season.

Of course, that's all gone this morning. Crazy day at work, temps in the upper 70s today, and tons of non-Christmas stuff to do today (including going to court on that b.s. speeding ticket tonight - power to the people!), but at least for a moment, it was Christmas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That sounds awesome Z! I've actually never been to the 37th street light show, I've heard about it many times, but I'm syked you got out and did that, yous girlz are awesome! Oh, and just you wait, you'll be vomiting up more Xmas than you can handle just as soon as you ride out to Htown and spend the festiviss with the family!

Judy said...

37th street is spectacular, isn't it? We loved driving dwon there when we lived in Georgetown.

Hope the ticket issue is behind you now - pumping my fist in the air for you!