Thursday, December 29, 2005

My first resolution is...

My first New Year's resolution is to find shoes to match the dress I bought for New Year's Eve! I'm going to be going to a real NYE ball this year, so I went out and bought a kickin' dress! If you're all really nice, and I end up with a picture I really like, maybe I'll post it. But don't hold your breath - I'm not photogenic and hardly ever like pictures of myself!

I'm going to the gala because two of my friends play in one of the bands that's performing - LC Rocks. My friends are Angela and Laurie, the estrogen portion of the band. To see them, you have to go to the "Pictures" then "Band" links. Ang and Laurie used to play all the gigs with LC Rocks, but for people with day jobs, that's a lot to ask. So, now they just play special events, like New Year's Eve! It's a really fun band, and my friends are really fun, and I can't wait! Laurie actually got engaged on stage at an LC Rocks gig earlier this month - how rock and roll is that? :)

Maybe sometime in the next 3 days I'll come up with an *actual* resolution for the new year. Then I'll only have 2 months to figure out what to give up for Lent this year! It has to be something actually in the realm of possibility, but difficult enough that I know I'm doing it. But first a resolution or two. I'll let you know if I come up with anything!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Ugh, don't remind me about Lent! You know, my family has always given up SWEETS. Killer. I go into a massive depression!

Suzanne said...

I gave up cursing one year. I like to think God understood that my potty mouth that Easter was actually an expression of appreciation for Jesus' sacrifice. Probably not, though.