Monday, December 05, 2005

I smell roses.

Hook 'em Horns!!!! Colorado can't say I didn't warn them. I told you that the Big 12 Championship game wouldn't be a repeat of the Texas v. a&m game. But sheeeeeesh - 70-3? That's a basketball score, man...if one team doesn't show up. And we took out Vince Young early in the 3rd, so we weren't even using our big guns most of the second half!

I gotta tell you, I don't think anything else could've gone wrong for Colorado. That had to be the longest, most miserable afternoon of their lives. I know, because I, as a Texas fan, have been there. We're riding high right now, but we've been in those "Dear God, please just let this end" games before. Two leap to mind. One is the 1991 Cotton Bowl, when Miami beat us like red-headed stepchildren, 46-3, in cold, relentless rain. We thought that was bad. But the 1997 66-3 loss to UCLA, that was just...surreal. I was at that game, and I've never seen things go so completely and ceaselessly to crap for a team. Until this weekend.

Well, onto the Rose Bowl, people! National championship game!!! I'm so proud of our guys for the incredible season they've had! Here's hoping there's one more win on the schedule for them on Jan. 4. HOOK 'EM!!!!

(And BIG congrats to my friends Tony and Laurie! I love you guys and couldn't be happier for you both!!)

2 comments:

Judy said...

WAHOO! Scott's getting about 3 new UT shirts for Christmas this year, and whatever he isn't wearing on the 4th, I will be!

Anonymous said...

Z, it was a fantastic game for us, but I felt sorry for COL by the 3rd quarter. Didn't last long though, cuz I was having SUCH a GOOD TIME on the first row behind our team on the 20 yard line! Yeah Baby!

Really happy about Laurie and Tony, too. Wish I could've witnessed the big moment...
-A. Dorsey