Thursday, December 18, 2008

I do not trust the calm.

Have you ever been in such a whirlwind of activity that when it finally backs off, even if just for a day, you feel a little lost - like you should be working on something frantically (as you have been for days), but you're not sure what? Yeah. Me too.

The last week has been absolutely crazy for me. Holiday stuff, and some medical stuff, and a big project, and an unusually busy workload - I've just barely made it through each day, checking and re-checking to make sure nothing important slipped through the cracks. And then today, I get to the office, start looking around me, and nothing is on fire. I have some stuff to do, but it's actually manageable. And while today will be long - a social engagement right after work means I won't get home until late in the evening - it doesn't look like it's going to be as overwhelming as the last week has been. The pace is actually something approaching normal, as opposed to a tornado inside a hurricane, like every other day for the past week.

I can't be sure that it won't all start back up again before the day is over or by tomorrow. But at least there's been this morning. I think I'll double-check my daytimer again, just to make sure I haven't forgotten something vital...

1 comment:

Judy said...

Yeah, I don't like that feeling of calmness either. Must be why I overextend myself in every.way.possible!