Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Another TV post

This one will be much shorter than yesterday's. I just want to know if anyone else out there is loving Fringe as much as J and I are?

That show is great! I love the guy who used to play Pacey on Dawson's Creek (Joshua Jackson), but I think the guy who really makes the show is Walter, the mad scientist. The actor who plays Walter (John Noble) is fantastic! He's really created a great character - or should I say that the writers created a great character and Noble has brought him to life. I gotta figure that the process takes both parts for the character to really work - good writing and a good delivery.

In any case, Walter is awesome. You never know what's going to come out of his mouth, and you find yourself hanging on every word just in case a gem pops out. His random comments are hilarious and it cracks me up how he just can't seem to learn his assistant's name (Astrid), so he just calls her "Miss" now. I particularly liked the episode where he kept calling her Astro. But that's the Jetsons lover in me. And Peter's reactions to Walter's ramblings are always perfect.

And all of that is separate from the really cool storylines. I'm not even a big sci-fi lover, and I love this show. So, if you haven't checked it out, you should! Do yourself a favor, though, and catch up on previous episodes via the web. The whole season is online, and you'll enjoy the show more if you know the backstory.

So check it out!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

J and I love this show too. I too love the mad scientist, he is my favorite character. The lead girl, blondie, is not my favorite and I find her way to intense at times and a little boring. But the show I love it too.