Monday, December 11, 2006

Here it comes.

I had a nice weekend, but my winter cold/allergy flareup has begun. I'm honestly not sure which it is, but my throat hurts from all the gunk running down it from my sinus passages, and it's a race now for me to get done as much work as possible while my brain is still functioning. Any day now, my head will weigh 20 pounds and I'll no longer be able to think from all the gunk gumming up the works. So, after I post this, it's work, work, work, like a worker bee who is working! But first I post.

I had an enjoyable weekend, aside from the illness settling in. Friday night, my crew and I went out to celebrate Vangie's birthday. You go, girl! We had drinks and appetizers at 219, then went to see our resident rock star, Angela, rockin' the house with the band she sometimes sings with (and lookin' hot, my friend!). We petered out a little earlier than usual, but that's okay - we're entitled. We're old now. Things overheard that night:

"Suzanne is going to tell us how she keeps her *** clean." (No, she wasn't, and she didn't.)

"Bitch stepped on my hair!"

"Happy birthday to youuuuu....I don't remember the words." "'Happy Birthday' mother fu**er."

Saturday I spent pretty much the entire day enjoying a marathon of "That Girl" on TVLand. I've known about "That Girl" for many years, but never saw an episode. Now, I've seen most of them. Cute show. I must say, there's something very pleasant about spending a cold, winter Saturday watching a frothy 60s sitcom all day. I even started noting the actors who had bit parts on the show, and who later when on to actual fame: Chuck Connors, Richard Dreyfuss, Caroll O'Connor, Rob Reiner, Teri Garr, and that Russell whoever guy that played The Professor on "Gilligan's Island." If I ever see the rest of the episodes I didn't see Saturday, maybe I'll spot more! That's part of the fun of watching old TV shows - seeing somebodies before they were anybodies.

Sunday, I got a big chunk of my Christmas shopping done, which was a relief, and then I went to my book club. In anticipation of not being home by 7:00 for TAR, I set my VCR. Unfortunately, stupid NFL football pushed everything back again, so I only caught half the show! I saw in real time who won, then went back and watched as much of the show as my VCR had taped. Here's the recap:

First task: find the clue in the park in Spain. Bama was slow on this one, but it didn't matter since the next task was a flight and the teams all caught up at the airport.

Second task: Fly to Paris.
Rob and Kim get earliest/first tickets. Blech. Bama outsmarts the other teams by finding airport closer to Eiffel Tower and they get there first, though. Awesome.

Travel to Caen.
Everyone caught up again. Bummer.

Roadblock: Skydive.
You all saw Kimberly wipe out when she got to the clue box, right? I saw it happen in the background, then they showed one shot of it happening from another angle, and that was it. There wasn't even any dramatic music. That deserved several replays in slo-mo, man. Rob, of course, whined about not getting to skydive, but everyone seemed to enjoy the Roadblock, whether they skydived or rode in the plane. Seemed like a fun task.

Take the Train back to Paris.
Rob is an idiot, but somehow it manages to not bite him in the butt. He leaves the train platform to go change money, and the train comes early. Hilarious. But then at the next station, he and Kimberly catch up again. Arrrrgh.

Detour: Art or Fashion.
This is where my VCR cut off. I barely saw the instructions for Art and saw nothing for Fashion, so no more recap and commentary on the rest of the race.

I do know that the models won, and I guess that's fine. It would've been nice if Bama had won, but it would've been annoying if Rob and Kim had won, so whatever. I wasn't terribly invested this time after the Chos and the Barbies were out. But it would've been nice to see the rest of what happened. The football delays are on my last nerve. I'm glad the next season won't start until after football season.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Well, I typed a comment and the comment section buggered out on me! what a pisser!

My main beef is the editing better be better next go around. I wasn't that pleased with the coverage this season.