Friday, June 12, 2009

Detente?

Okay, we may have come upon a detente at the bunalow. After 36 hours of leaving Demon Cat alone, it appears that he may have calmed down. I liken it to The Hulk. He tried to tell us that we wouldn't like him if he got angry, but we pushed him anyway and created a monster. But he is now back to being David Banner - which is what I think I'll call him from now on.

When I went into the bedroom and bathroom this morning to get ready for work, David emerged from under the bed - not to attack me, but apparently to offer an olive branch. He meowed in little meek bursts, as if to say, "Are you still mad at me? Because I'm kind of lonely now, and I don't want you to be mad at me anymore. But I still want this room to myself. So, how about I just keep living in here, and you guys stop trying to grab at me, and I won't try to kill you anymore, and that's how our friendship will work? I'll even let you touch me...you know...when I feel like it."

I told him I could agree to that since it was only going to be for a few more days, and Murphy had started hanging out in his travel crate anyway. My mom will be back in town the first of next week, and I promised him he could go home with her and we would never speak of this week again.

On the upside, we now know that our airbed works really well if anyone wants to come visit and sleep in our living room.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Don't know if this will help... sorry it's coming so late. Just saw your kitty posts. There is a spray for dogs called "Comfort Zone." Our trainer told us about it. I'm not into sedating animals, but our pooch gets stressed in the car and during storms, and this works magic to smooth him right out. It's a spray with the scent of the pheromones that a nursing mother dog gives off. No bad chemicals. We spray just a teeny bit on a bandana and put it around his neck. Doesn't make him groggy, but makes him Zen. Don't know if they make a version for kitties, but would be worth checking out. (We get it at Petco or Petsmart.) Could possibly spray it on the kitty's favorite place to nest. Hope this helps!

Judy said...

Wow, that's one smart cat to talk out his issues with you - maybe YOU are the cat whisperer!

Tiffany said...

I was laughing my head off reading about the cat. You guys are funny!