Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Catchin up

I managed to get caught up on the first two legs of Amazing Race! I took only sparse notes since I'm behind and covering two episodes in one post, but here are my thoughts on the first two legs.

Leg 1

1. Two words: midget stuntmen

2. Preston is an ass. I was happy when his team was the first to be ousted. See ya, jerk face!

3. The highest bungee jump in the world. Undoubtedly J would've been doing this for our team. And he would've loved every second of it, whereas I would be on the verge of throwing up just standing on the observation deck and seeing that it existed.

4. Cheese hauling. I like to think, as I watch that, "I could do that." But who am I kidding? Pretty much every team fell, had their equipment break, chased a giant cheese wheel down the hill or looked like they were climbing Everest as they climbed back up the hill. I'm suprisingly strong for my size, but I'm guessing the editors would have had their work cut out for them bleeping out all my expletives on this one.

5. Deaf Luke and Mom Margie. Boy, do I like these two! I love that they won the first leg, and as of right now, they're the team I want to win the whole thing. Love 'em!

6. Country Steve and Linda. The most significant thing about this couple for me is that Linda looks just like J's mom! Seriously! J's mom doesn't have an accent and Steve is nothing like J's dad, but everytime I see them, I think, "Why is J's mom talking like that?"

7. Wow, is Switzerland beautful!

8. I like that the winners and losers aren't so decided by cabs this season. It's more about the choices you make (like which train you take) than the dumb luck of which cabbie you get. I hope that continues throughout the season.

Leg 2

1. I wanna drive the autobahn in a Mercedes!

2. The gondola was beautiful, but I'm pretty sure I'd be freaked out that the car was going to be blown off the track by the wind or the cables were going to snap. I used to ride the Gondola at Astroworld with no fear. What happened to me?

3. Paragliding. Again, this would probably be a J thing. I might be a little better with this than the bungee jump, since the glider would slow your slamming descent to the ground to the point that you might just break an ankle rather than dying on impact. But J would actually enjoy it, so I'd let him do it...and by "let" I mean "beg."

4. Pie vs. Segway. I'd be all about the pie. It's messy, but it's easy, you're less likely to fall down, and you can get a little snack in.

That's it for now! I'll do my more traditional recaps from here on out. Who are you rooting for or against??

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I did not read this post, I will come back and read it. I have all the episodes on my DVR and am waiting for there to be five then do a marathon. I hate waiting a week to know what will happen so I am doing this. Also with Survivor I am waiting to get about five episodes then watch them all.

Judy said...

I freaked out today when I found out TAR has been on and I didn't even know! I'll try to catch up next week!