Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Amazingly behind

I'm so dropping the ball this season with The Amazing Race. I commented on the first two episodes, then I think I missed the third one, and now I've watched the fourth and fifth episodes, but haven't commented. How about we decide I'm just hopelessly behind and much to busy with house stuff to stay on top of it this time?

J noticed last week that they're holding tryouts for the next season in Austin this Thursday. I got all excited and asked him if he thought we should try out. He looked at me like I'd lost my mind and said calmly that he didn't think this was quite the right time for me to be trying to drop out of my life and take on a stressful, globe-trotting competition. I suppose that he might be on to something - what with two band gigs in the next week, and a new house we haven't even finished yet or moved into, and my old house needing to be rented out, and my bank account needing to be refreshed from closing costs, etc., and my employer not being the type that would approve me for a month of vacation time, even if I had that much accrued, or hold my job for me if I tried to take a leave of absence, just in case we didn't win. I suppose things could be a BIT more settled before we just took off for a month on a race around the world.

So, I'll relent - we won't try out on Thursday. But there's always next year. :)

4 comments:

Judy said...

I was going to tell you to go for it - I mean, how many opportunities in life come around like The Amazing Race, right???

I guess J can be the voice of reason for now...sigh.

Johnny Austin said...

Nope, not next year either... I thought I said we could try out in 5 years after we've exhausted ourselves on our rockstar & novelist dreams... Then we can go for a mill on a race around the world... Cause honestly, the millions will come in due time with the music and the literature, let's leave the racing to the less talented and the deaf, and take our tour around the world slowly and see it all, instead of racing through it, k... Sweet!

Suzanne said...

1. Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, five years - whatever you say, baby.

2. I'm all about chasin' the rock star and novelist dreams - here's hoping the millions will flow from our talents and hard work!

3. You are a terrible, terrible person, and I hope Luke and Margie win the whole thing!

Sluggin' Beauty said...

Girl! you should totally do it! Of course, this is coming from the person whose husband said to move to Massachusetts--sure, honey!! let's go.