Monday, August 10, 2009

In the news

Part of my job is to read through hundreds of headlines each day and determine which stories would be of interest to the people my company serves. Most of the stories have nothing to do with the work we do, so I gloss right past them, but occasionally, one of the non-applicable headlines catches my eye. Today, it was this one:

"Sen. Grassley, You Can't Fix a Crap Sandwich"

I thought it must be an editorial, and upon further investigation, I found it was a blog post written by a freelance political columnist. Clearly, a newspaper had picked up the piece, since our clipping service only culls through newspapers. I didn't take the time to read the post, because I had to get back to looking through the rest of the headlines at the time. But now that I have a moment, I feel compelled to respond. So, based solely on the headline, my response/follow-up post is:

Senator Grassley, I don't know you, but I don't think you should fix a crap sandwich. It would be messy and very unpleasant, and I don't think anyone would eat it - no matter what kind of bread you used. I think you should fix something else.

No comments: