Wednesday, October 08, 2008

In my email...

So, back when I was actively looking for a new job, scouring all the sites and listing my resume on all the job search engines, I listed my resume with Yahoo! Hotjobs. Nothing substantial ever came from that source, but for some reason, I never told them to stop sending me emails when something matched my profile. So, I get job matches on almost a daily basis.

Sometimes it takes quite a stretch to make the connection between my profile and what they send me, but I think today's listings might take the cake. Remember, in real life, I'm a writer an editor. And yet, Yahoo! Hotjobs thought I might be interested in a position as a:

Store Manager (never done that),

Painter's Helper (uh...what?), or, and this is the lulu,

Nanny (do they even KNOW me???)!

I should probably share with you parents out there the name of the company whose approach to finding quality in-home care for your children is to shotgun an email to anyone looking for a job of any kind. But instead I'll just encourage you to raise your own kids and leave it at that.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Maybe they just want you to expand your horizons, you know, if you're still fishing for a job...

Unknown said...

LOL! That's Hilarious!

J